Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring is in the air!

Hello Dear Friends!
Although today is cloudy and gray , last week-end was not like that. The sun was shining and the breeze brought spring fragrances. My garden also convinced me that it is indeed spring.
My freesias are in full bloom...

And my Little Man was the one who enjoyed the sun the most.

While he played in the garden, I arranged my pots...
 There was some week-end cooking too! I made cabbage leaf 'dolma' which is stuffed cabbage leaves. First I boiled the cabbage leaves .
Cabbage leaf dolma
Ingredients:
1 cabbage
1/2 kg lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup chopped dill
1 medium sized onion chopped finely
1 can chopped tomato
1 tablespoon red pepper paste
salt and pepper
When I finished stuffing the leaves my pot looked like this:
I filled it with hot water just to cover the dolma and squeezed a lemon juice to prevent the stuffed leaves from opening. Then I put a plate on top and cooked about half an hour.
This dolma is perfect with fresh yoghurt. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment